Common Skin Types: Which one is yours?
by Ayman Fikry on Jul 06, 2022
Did you know that every skin type reacts differently to each ingredient? This is why knowing your unique skin type is extremely essential for your skincare.
Your skin deserves a routine as unique as you are. That’s why we’re always chatting with skincare experts and looking into the latest products, treatments and tips to help you create your perfect skincare routine. Whether your skin is sensitive, dry or acne-prone, you’ll find tips for all your concerns.
If you have dry skin, you are likely accustomed to its flaking, itching, and rough texture. Your skin yearns for moisture and need additional assistance in order to retain moisture. As your skin barrier loses oil and water, your body struggles to make up the difference. You’re going to need a little moisturizer in your life.
Tips for dry skin:
- After bathing, moisturise your skin frequently to maintain it soft and hydrated.
- Limit the period of time you spend in the shower. Take shorter showers, not more than twice daily.
- Keep your skin moisturised by consuming a lot of water.
- To keep the natural moisture in your skin, use a humidifier.
- Use sunscreen to prevent your skin from getting dehydrated.
- wear gloves when using home cleaners, detergents, etc.
Oily skin results from overactive sebaceous glands, which are responsible for the skin’s natural oil production. This natural oil, called Sebum, is supposed to lubricate the skin and keep it hydrated. But, like too much of any good thing, excess sebum isn’t ideal. Excess sebum results in increased breakouts and shiny skin, so you should be on the lookout for oil-free items.
Tips for oily skin:
- Moisturizing regularly will keep your skin hydrated and prevent it from overproducing sebum. Choosing the right moisturizer is important.
- Keep your skin moist by drinking adequate water. This will prevent your skin from producing excess oil.
- wash your face twice daily, to remove dirt and bacteria that may clog your pores.
- look for non-comedogenic makeup products that won’t clog pores. Before going to bed, make sure you remove any traces of makeup.
- Refrain from frequently touching your face.
Combination skin can be a bit tricky. Some parts of your skin are coated in oil while other areas are drier. It may seem like a daunting task to find a happy medium, but fear not! There’s always a solution. Exfoliation and toner will be your new best friends.
Tips for combination skin:
- Use cleansers: If you have combination skin, your T-zone pores are bigger than those on the rest of your face. Harsh products may clog your pores. Using a gentle cleanser is recommended.
- Exfoliate gently and once in a while: exfoliating daily is not advised for any skin type. It can remove necessary oils from your skin. When you exfoliate, don’t scrub your T-zone too much. Scrubbing too hard can damage your skin.
- Use sunscreen: Sunscreen is an essential skin care item. If you have combination skin, pick an oil-free sunscreen.
- Buy oil-free/fragrance-free products: Whether it's sunscreen or makeup, buy oil-free products to avoid clogged pores. Moreover, opt for fragrance-free, natural skin care products that soothe your skin.
Finally, once you know your skin type, you can begin building your skincare routine. We’ve created this info graphic that details the needs of all skin types to help you find the perfect skin care regimen.
No matter what type of skin you have, Seamed can help you achieve the best skin of your life. Our wide range of lotions and washes is suitable for all skin types. Check out our full collection here